Search This Blog

All photographs on this blog are taken by J. E. Stephens (author) unless stated otherwise.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Podcasts and Vodcasts - an educational gold mine

From my past experience in the classroom (though limited at this stage) I have noticed that children respond particularly well to sound and visual moving images - so do I! It's good to finally know what a podcast actually is - I always saw it on my itunes but didn't really have a clue! There are so many podcasts and vodcasts out on the web which can utilised for free by teachers. Furthermore, students find them so engaging! I've embedded some links to pages in which you can search for free podcasts to do with education. You can use any of these kinds of resources Education to build up a wealth of information for students - you may not necessarily know a lot about the stars and the planets, but I'm sure there are plenty of experienced, knowledgeable professors, radio presenters and so on who do, and who are willing to share their knowledge in an interesting an engaging manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment